North Rockland Soccer Association
Father's Day Cup 2019
Rules & Regulations
FIFA/USYSA rules apply unless amended below
- Coaches must present rosters, player cards/passes and guest player identification cards with medical release forms at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the first game.
- Game start times are firm--no grace periods. Teams not ready to start on time will forfeit games. Tournament Chairperson may amend kickoff times due to extenuating circumstances.
- Division rankings will be computed with 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw.
- No more than 7 goal differential.
- Any game that ends by more than 7 goals differential will count as a tie for each team.
- Forfeits will be scored as a 1-0 win. Any team that forfeits for any reason will be ineligible for any awards. Any team intentionally walking off the field or intentionally not fulfilling its schedule commitments will be disqualified for the remainder of the tournament. No money will be refunded.
- Tie breaking will be as follows:
- Head to head win (excluded for more than 2 teams tied)
- Most wins
- Fewest goals against
- Most shutouts
- Larger goal differential (goals scored – goals against)
- Best of 5 Shoot-Out
- 1 v 1 Shoot-Out
- The duration of the game shall be 50 minutes for small sided fields U9 and U10 teams will play 7v7. U11 and U12 age group will play 9v9. The duration of the game will be 50 minutes for large sided fields, U13 and U18 age group will play 11v11. The start and end of the games will be signaled by a horn. There will be a 3 minute halftime signaled by a horn at the 25 minute mark, at which time the teams will switch ends. THERE WILL BE NO STOPPAGE TIME ADDED FOR ANY REASON (except due to extenuating circumstances as determined by Field Marshall).
- Officiating format is as follows:
- U9-U12 Boys and Girls will use a single referee.
- U13-U18 Boys and Girls will use the 3-referee format with center referee and two assistant referees.
- Teams are strongly encouraged to participate in patch exchanges following each game.
- A player or coach that is red carded from a game or ejected from the tournament grounds may not participate further in the tournament and no refund will be offered. The State Association will be notified. A player or coach receiving a third yellow card will also be banned from participating further in the tournament.
- Substitutions may be made at any stoppage of play, but only with the permission of the referee. Players are to be at the halfway line prior to the stoppage to be able to enter the field of play.
- Parents and spectators must be on the opposite side of the field to the players and coaches and behind the Red Line.
- The home team is listed first and for any match will change uniform colors when referee determines uniforms are too similar. During a playoff match, the team with the higher standings shall have choice of which shirt to wear.
- Players, coaches, managers and supporters are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit of sportsmanship at all times. Those failing to meet acceptable standards will be ejected from the grounds.
- Pets, alcoholic beverages and the smoking of tobacco products and vaping are strictly prohibited from the grounds. No open flames of any kind will be allowed--violators will be ejected from the grounds. No solicitations from unregistered vendors will be allowed.
- U9, U10 divisions will play seven a side including a goalkeeper. Maximum roster size 14.
- U11, U12 divisions will play nine a side including a goalkeeper. Maximum roster size 16.
- U13- U18 divisions will play eleven a side including a goalkeeper. Maximum roster size 18.
- A maximum of 3 guest players are allowed per team for the Boys and Girls teams. Cards and rosters must be updated and provided to registration on game day
- A player cannot play for two teams within the same group in tournament
- Players cannot play down an age group if already playing in higher age group
- Schedules will be posted on the gotsoccer website one week in advance but are subject to change. Coaches are encouraged to monitor on-line schedules to ensure latest schedule.
- Cancellations will be posted on the NRSA website.
- U9 - U12 will use a size 4 ball. U13 - U18 will use a size 5 ball. Game balls will be provided by NRSA.
- Shoot-out format:
- Roster must be presented to referee in shooting order with players’ jersey numbers listed. – only those players on the field at the end of the game
- Best of five wins
- If even at three, go to 1 vs. 1 until someone has advantage and wins
- Each team must go through all players that were on the field at the end of the game (everyone must shoot once) before it goes back to the beginning of the roster. Teams cannot change up order if it goes to back top of the order. If a player was red carded, therefore uneven numbers the opposing team will adjust numbers.
- Teams are to be located on the same side of the field on opposite sides of the halfway line. Parents will be opposite their team’s bench.
- All games will be played rain or shine. Games will only be canceled or postponed in the event of lightning, thunder or extreme weather.
- No jewelry is to be worn by any player taking part of the games.
- No hard cast or bracing of any kind.
- Tents are permitted and encouraged. Please keep away from the field of play. Please consolidate all trash.
- The NRSA reserves the right to merge age groups or brackets for scheduling, but will not merge small and large sided play.